Saturday, November 7, 2009

Never Would Have Made It

so its Saturday night, im sittin at home listening to Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It" on repeat.. not your ideal Saturday night right? I been sittin here reflecting on my life, all the decisions ive made that have to led me to where i am today. I honestly cant say im happy with all the decisions ive made throughout my life but im near content. I've been blessed and given many chances to correct myself. Some of this may not make sense but im not really thinking, im just letting my fingers graze across the keyboard. Anyways, how many of us are actually happy with where we are in our lives? Im an independent rap artist, trying to establish myself within the realms of the big dawgs, the major artists. I have a son, named Tre'Dell. He's 2 years old, and is the most precious, important piece that completes my life. That's what God gave me. But times like tonight, i get to thinking.. what have i given HIM, God. He's allowed me to see 23 years of life, healthy and what have I done to show my appreciation... nothin. I grew up in the church but as i got older, round 6th grade, when my family's pastor passed away, my presence in the church became non-existent. I know the lifestyle i live isn't the lifestyle He prefers but im writing this blog to show i want to make a change tonight. It may take days, weeks, months, maybe even years for me to become the man He wants me to be, but that journey begins tonight. I know im young, 23 years old, but i feel like ive done my share of partying and misbehaving. Im ready for something more, something I can die for. Im a father. I have someone in this world that needs me to guide them down the right path. I have to be what my son needs instead of what i want to be. I want to rid my selfish ways, build a stronger relationship with my family and friends, and most importantly...God. Though this blog isnt exactly organized, these are the exact thoughts coming from my mind at this time. I needed to get this off my chest. This is all i can type for now, the rest of this conversation will be between me and Him. But for those that know me, I love yall and may God bless yall, cuz he has me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment